Saturday, June 6, 2015

Fit For A Bride

Rayna asked if I could help her out as she prepares for her wedding next week Sunday, June 14th. She wanted to have a custom hair ornament made that matched their wedding colors - ivory and cranberry. I was overjoyed to help, and plus you can't say no to a bride!

She sent me pictures of different decorative combs, mentioned what she liked from each, and asked me to incorporate that into her comb design. She also wanted a hint of gold added since she plans on wearing a pair of her mom's gold earrings.

So I gathered a few supplies ... Some wire, a few small ivory flowers, a cranberry colored rose flower, some ivory elongated pearl beads, some gold beads, some ivory colored leaves, tape, and a comb.




I started off with making the individual pieces that I would put together. First, I made the gold and pearl accent pieces. I strung the beads and twisted them into mini leaf-like shapes.




Next, I put three flowers and a leaf in a bunch, which I wrapped together. 




Then I arranged the pieces, wrapped them together along with the rose, and fixed them on to the comb. 




And viola! A custom hair ornament fit for a bride. :-)



If you would like something made for your wedding or special event drop me an email!

Follow me on Facebook

Check out my other creations on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment