Monday, October 19, 2015

Ladies Fall Fling


It's hard to believe that November is just around the corner. You know what that means ... December is creeping up on us, and that means Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye!

Not ready for the holidays yet? Not sure how to prepare for upcoming events? The Northside Baptist Church Ladies Fall Fling provided an opportunity for ladies to share ideas and tips for the holidays - from online ordering tips, couponing, quick food ideas and demonstrations, and floral arrangements. I was blessed with the opportunity do a jewelry making demonstration. Unfortunately, I only remembered to take a few pictures while we were setting up. Alas, I didn't get around to taking pictures of all the tables and ladies who offered their helpful tips. Nevertheless, here are the few pictures I have from the event.

Here's the table that provided useful information on online shopping and couponing tips. It's amazing the things you are able to save money on if you took the time to search for and cut coupons!


Sara shared tips on how to make a fall floral arrangement. She provided all the supplies to make something to brighten up your home and get it ready for the fall.


Here is my jewelry making table. I did a demonstration on how to do a wire wrapped loop, as it is a foundational technique to making just about any type of jewelry, especially earrings - which is what I was demonstrating how to make. I had an Eiffel Tower display to showcase the different styles of earrings you could make using just this technique. I laid out supplies on the table that people could choose from to design and make their own earrings that they could wear and take home. I had an assortment of loose beads, pearls, crystals, etc. It was fun to see people get creative!


Here are some earrings that Wanda made. She strung some beads and put them on some hoops. The cool thing is that they matched the outfit she was wearing!



Individuals of all ages got into making a pair of earrings. Michael designed her own set of earrings - she selected the beads she wanted and added a cross charm to them. I saw her the following day sporting her lovely earrings and paired them with a matching outfit. Good job Mikaila!


It's amazing how creative people are. It's great to have opportunities like this to learn helpful tips from one another, as everyone has something to share. If you attended, I hope you were inspired to create or try something new this year!

Follow me on Facebook

Check out my other creations on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment