Saturday, September 5, 2015

City of Light

How do you capture a woman's love for Paris, it's splendor and beauty, and integrate this with the understated sophistication of this beautiful woman? That is a very hard task, but here was my attempt. :-) 

Jules loves Paris, and it is her dream to journey to this historic city. She is an artist whose creativity is seen in everything she does. So I tried to think of the historic sites that she enjoys and pieced them together in this necklace. 

The Eiffel Tower is probably the most popular and iconic symbol associated with Paris, so clearly that had to be integrated into this piece and became its focal point.  

The infamous River Seine flows through the heart of Paris, and the Fontaines de la Concorde is one of the most famous fountains in the city. With water being another key feature of the city, I tried to capture that by the use of flowing chains to represent the flow of the water.

And lastly, Paris is known as the "City of Light" (La Ville Lumière). So I selected iridescent and silver beads, along with a Swarovski crystal to reflect the light.

And voilà! This is what you end up with. :-)



If you would like something similar created for you, drop me an email!

Follow me on Facebook

Check out my other creations on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment